Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Review ~ My Biggest Mistake by Leddy Harper ~ JMAC



Synopsis

Edie had spent her whole life planning her future, imagining her husband, her kids, and even which minivan she’d drive. Lucky for her, she didn’t have to wait long, marrying her high school sweetheart right after graduation.

All of Edie’s dreams had come true, until they were no longer her dreams. Unable to deal with the lingering depression caused by having children, she left her whole life behind, walking away from the one thing she'd always wanted.

Donovan Leery loved his wife with everything he had and could never imagine life without her. Until he came home from work one day and found a letter from Edie, explaining she needed a break. Not only leaving him to live his life without her, but alone to raise their three small children.

But what happens when Edie is ready to come home? When she’s ready to fight for it all back? She knew it wouldn’t be easy. But she didn’t care. After spending years getting her life back together, she was ready to fight for her family. And a fight is what Donovan would give her.

She'd fight to make up for her Biggest Mistake.


Trailer:
https://goo.gl/KKXRXS









*JMAC'S REVIEW*


I finished reading this book about a week ago.  I honestly had no idea what I could write in a review to really express how much I not only loved this book, but how truly amazing My Biggest Mistake really is.  Leddy has completely outdone herself with this book, and I think if you read it you would agree 100%

I know there are a lot of people who are “cover whores”, who love love love covers.  I am not one of those people.  I really never judge a book by its cover.  I’m more of a “synopsis whore”, and after reading the synopsis of My Biggest Mistake, I knew I was going to love this book. 

My Biggest Mistake is unlike anything I have ever read before.  The whole subject isn’t something I have seen a lot of authors touch on, actually I don’t remember ever reading a book that has the same subject matter and personally I feel that is hard to come by.  So I read an amazing synopsis, and it was the first book I had with this certain subject. 

My Biggest Mistake gets right to it.  Emotions are high as soon as you read that first page.  One thing I love, is an author’s ability to make me emotional.  If you are able to make me sob solely with your words, you are extremely talented.  Leddy did just that.  I don’t think I made it as far as the 5th page without shedding some tears.  Not only was this book highly emotional, it was full of angst.  OH MY LAWD the angst in this book killed me.  There were times I could feel my own heart beating extremely fast inside my chest because I had no idea what else was going to happen. 

My Biggest Mistake follows Edie on her journey of righting her wrongs.  After life took a huge toll on her, the young mother of 3 up and left.  From the start I felt like I was supposed to hate Edie.  Especially being a mother myself I found myself thinking, “How could you leave your babies? I would never, could never do that.”  But as the story unfolded I understood. I understood her pain, which made me understand her reasoning.  I found myself crying hard for Edie, and the way she felt about herself.   I wanted to jump inside those pages and just comfort her.  Tell her she would get through the hurt and pain.  Then there’s Donnie.  My heart BROKE for Donnie.   I just can’t put it any other way than that.  I literally broke down multiple times because of how broken Donnie was. 

My Biggest Mistake is the heartbreaking story of love.  Finding it, losing it, throwing it away, and fighting for it.  This is by far my favorite book of Leddy’s and to be honest it is one of my favorite books of 2015.  The raw emotion that came from every page of this book was just so heartbreakingly beautiful.  That’s how the only way I can put it.  It breaks your heart, but it’s also beautiful. 

Both Edie and Donnie’s story is one I won’t forget.  I absolutely loved this story, and I feel like everyone should experience it.  Please do yourself a favor and read this amazing book. 

Leddy, you outdid yourself.  My Biggest Mistake is one of the best books I’ve read all year! 

<3 JMAC








*BUY LINKS*

Amazon US:

Amazon UK:

B&N:

iTunes:




No comments:

Post a Comment