Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Review ~ Stop! by Alison G. Bailey ~ JMAC



*Synopsis*

Every life has a different path full of sharp turns, smooth curves, and steep drop offs.

Hollis Murphy has a plan—college, career, boyfriend, love, marriage, family. A predictable, normal life. She’s on track until an outside force causes her to crash and burn. They call it an accident, because that’s the only word they know to explain what happens to her. It helps everyone move on with their lives, except for Hollis. She holds on to the belief that she’s been targeted for a reason. 

Risher Stevenson is intelligent, caring, sweet, and the hottest boy Hollis has ever laid eyes on. He fits perfectly into her original plan for a normal life. Everyone loves him.

Benton Daniels is intelligent, caring, sweet, and the bravest boy Hollis has ever met. He doesn’t fit into her life but gives it purpose and makes it extraordinary. Everyone hates him.

One is bullied. One is tormented. All are judged. How will it STOP?

Stop! Goodreads

Stop! Playlist





*JMAC'S REVIEW*


Before I dive into this review, I need you readers to know that this book touches on a lot of real issues going on in toady's society. It basically all comes down to one word, acceptance.  Accepting yourself for who you are, whoever that may be, and accepting your peers as they are, whoever they might be.  

Stop! was such a great book.  I started it at 11pm and finished it at 3:30am.  I devoured this book in one sitting.  I couldn't stop reading it if i tried.  Alison's writing is just so captivating.  At one point i told myself to just put the book down and finish in the morning.  I put my kindle down for 5 minutes and picked it right back up because i just needed to know what was going to happen.  

The subjects touched on in Stop! are ones that I personally have not read in any other book, but these topics are so important.  I really feel everyone should read this book, just to bring you inside of some people's worlds, because bullying, and non acceptance is a HUGE thing in this society.  Stop! brings you into the world of 3 college students, Hollis, Risher, and Benton. 

After being in a horrific freak accident, Hollis is left as a shell of her former self.  She struggles every minute of every day.  Feeling like she no longer wants to be trapped in her life, she decides to go away to college.  

Risher, oh Risher.  He is everything a book boyfriend is made of.  He sees Hollis for who she is on the inside.  Everything about Risher is perfect.  He is the sweetest, most amazing guy a girl could ever ask for.  Risher has his own issues, but for the most part he is Hollis' strength.  Her backbone.  The one who makes her see, she is more than what happened to her.  Both Hollis and Risher's relationship was a beautiful one to witness.

"Hollis, whatever that makeup is hiding won't ever cover up how beautiful you are. I knew that the first time I looked into your eyes and saw your light."

Then there's Benton.  My heart broke for Benton.  He struggles with who he is.  I've always thought my heart broke for certain characters I've read, but nothing compares to the heartbreak I felt for Benton.  I think because in my own life i have had to deal with people not accepting my own family members, so seeing it done all over again killed me.  I am a firm believer in accepting people for who they are.  I might not understand it, or even agree, but i accept and I try my hardest not to judge, because at the end of the day every one of us are human, and we all have our own demons that we are fighting.

Benton was the prime example of someone who is different, and because of being different he was punished by people who couldn't accept him.  His parents, his peers, he got it from all angles.  The only person who truly accepted him for who he was, on the inside and out, was Hollis.  But sometimes that's not enough.  

I have seen first hand what bullying and non acceptance can do to people.  Its not a pretty situation.  Stop! made me want to just be an even more accepting person to everyone.  It takes you on a journey of very real situations, heartbreaking situations.  Everyone needs to STOP! what they are doing and read this amazing book!

Alison, this is the first book of yours I have read, but i promise it wont be my last.  You have a forever fan in me!

<3 JMAC



*BUY LINKS*

Barnes & Noble- http://bit.ly/1S6foD3









*Author Links*

Website http://alisongbailey.com/ Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment