Pages

Monday, August 5, 2013

Review: TRUTH (Finding Anna #3) by Sherri Hayes

TRUTH (Finding Anna #3)
by Sherri Hayes

The third installment of the Finding Anna series.

For the last two months, Brianna has discovered something she never thought she would again. Hope. After the horror of being Ian’s slave for ten months, a fate she never imagined she’d escape, it feels as if she is living a dream. She has freedom she hadn’t expected to have again, and she wakes up every morning not fearing what the day will bring. There is also Stephan. The man who saved her from the daily torture she had to endure at the hands of Ian and his friends. The same man who makes her heart race with just the thought of him. Life is good.

Outside forces are determined to conspire against them, however. When Brianna’s father shows up on her doorstep, it sends her world spiraling out of control. He brings with him new information about how Brianna ended up in Ian’s clutches, but will it make a difference? Will Stephan be able to find a way to make Ian pay for all he made Brianna suffer? As Brianna and Stephan try to find out the truth, their relationship is tested. She is forced to face her past head on, and deal with the ugly reality of what happened to her. Will Stephan’s love be enough to see her through her newest challenge, or will the fragile trust they’ve built come crumbling down around them as the truth makes itself known.



EXCERPT


Brianna

“I’m so glad I found you. You have no idea what it took for me to find you, baby girl.”

His words echoed in my ears as I stood there staring. He was here. He was really here. I was frozen, unable to move. I needed to get away. Away from him. Away from here.

Red! screamed in my head but refused to come out of my mouth. It was as if I’d suddenly swallowed a mouthful of cotton. I couldn’t move. I couldn’t speak. Fear took over. My chest tightened, making it harder to breathe.

I stumbled backward, still trying to speak, but nothing would come out. I had to get away. Stephan. I needed Stephan.

As I moved farther into the living room, he followed me. He was like a giant, filling the space. I’d always thought Stephan’s place was large, but now it felt very small as John stalked toward me. The panic continued to rise, but I fought it. Breathe. Remember to breathe. Stephan. Think about Stephan.

Oxygen tore through my lungs with every intake of air. I was breathing, but it wasn’t doing its job. It wasn’t calming me. My father had come for me.

Every step I took, he matched and then some. I couldn’t get away. He was bigger, stronger. Why? Why was he here? What did he want with me?

Turning my back on him for the first time, I ran toward the phone. I stumbled over the coffee table on my way and righted myself. I knew he was close, but I had to try. I had to try to call Stephan.

My hands trembled as I picked up the phone. I didn’t get any further than that. Before my fingers could touch the keys, he snatched the phone out of my hands, tossing it to the floor behind him.


For more please visit Sherri Hayes blog CLICK HERE




MY REVIEW - 5 Stars

The first line in Truth gave me goosebumps.  I knew what was coming but wasn't sure how it was going to turn out.  All the built up anticipation just came bursting out and my heart began to race.  When Brianna opened the door and looked up into the eyes of the man that betrayed her and  sold her to Ian.  I wanted to scream "run".  

**WARNING** The Finding Anna series may cause emotional outbursts of shock, anger or giddy joy and happiness.  

Sherri Hayes continues to bring this story to life with words that came right off the page and play the scene out right in front of you.  She didn't miss a beat and neither did my heart.
I read this book in one day with one hand over my mouth, heart or eyes.  The tears alone made it a challenge to read but the heartache that you feel for Anna and Stephan is enough to take your breath away. 

She has created a meaningful in depth story with characters you can connect with and become a part of  their struggle and healing.  

The Finding Anna series will not just keep you on the edge of your seat but turn you inside out.  



Order Links 


Add to your TBR list  



AUTHOR - SHERRI HAYES


Sherri spent most of her childhood detesting English class. It was one of her least favorite subjects because she never seemed to fit into the standard mold. She wasn’t good at spelling, or following grammar rules, and outlines made her head spin. For that reason, Sherri never imagined becoming an author.
At the age of thirty, all of that changed. After getting frustrated with the direction a television show was taking two of its characters, Sherri decided to try her hand at writing an alternate ending, and give the characters their happily ever after. By the time the story finished, it was one of the top ten read stories on the site, and her readers were encouraging her to write more.
Six years later, Sherri is the author of five full-length novels, and one short story. Sherri has always loved reading romance. Her mother fostered her love for books at a young age by reading to her as a child, and stories have been floating around in her head for as long as she can remember.
Writing has become a creative outlet for Sherri that allows her to explore a wide range of emotions, while having fun taking her characters through all the twists and turns she can create. She is most well known for her Finding Anna series about a young woman rescued from being a sex slave by a wealthy Dominant.


Connect with Sherri 

No comments:

Post a Comment